This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- appears on maps: 1851 [#78], 1890 [#543]
- location on map: corner of Leeds Road & Thistle Street, Huddersfield
- status: no longer exists
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
- notes: was the "London Tavern" in 1851
Discovering Old Huddersfield
Extract from Discovering Old Huddersfield (1993-2002) by Gordon & Enid Minter:
Whilst turning right into Leeds Road notice, on the left, the Market Tavern. This was once called the London Tavern or the London Town but the fact that it stands at the side of the old road to London is purely coincidental.