Mark Atkin (c.1898-1916)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- ATKIN, MARK. Private. No 6666. 1/14th (County of London) Battalion (London Scottish). Son of Amos and Jane Elizabeth Atkin of West Cliffe Lodge, Denby Dale. Killed in action on the first day of the Battle of the Somme, 1.7.1916, aged 18 years. Commemorated on the THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private MARK ATKIN
- regiment: London Regiment (London Scottish)
- died: Saturday, July 1, 1916
- age: 18 years
- record ID: 771315
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #771315)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #91947)