Macaulay Street, Huddersfield

8ddd98a6ed3ee10b7c324ef08b2da333.1905.jpg

Macaulay Street is a street in Huddersfield which was mostly lost during the construction of the Ring Road and the redevelopment of the south-west part of the town.

The street connected Manchester Street to the Upper Head Row and now provides the main pedestrian access route from the the Bus Station to Market Street.

Some of the properties on the northern side of the street survived the redevelopment, including The Plumbers Arms.

See Also...

Macaulay Street, Huddersfield

Categories

Lost streets | Streets and roads
This page was last modified on 29 September 2016 and has been edited by Dave Pattern.

Search Huddersfield Exposed