Loyal "Conquering Hero" Lodge No. 675 of the Grand United Order of Oddfellows
The lodge's 13th anniversary dinner took place on Christmas Day 1854 at the Plough Inn with 140 members in attendance. The meeting was chaired by Past Grand Master (P.G.M.) James Crosland and the financial reports was given by P.G.M. John Raynor.
Around 140 members attended the 1855 anniversary dinner held on Christmas Day at the Plough Inn. Although the lodge's finances were in a healthy state, it was noted that one members had been paid £150 during a period of sickness.
On 19 January 1856, P.G.M. John Rayner was presented with a "splendid writing desk" as a "token of respect for his valuable services".
The 1856 anniversary dinner took place on Christmas Day at the Plough Inn with 144 members in attendance. It was reported that £100 had been paid to sick members.
158 members attended the 1857 dinner at the Plough Inn, where secretary John Raynor reported that the contributions received during the previous 13 years had been £1,775 14s. 6. whilst the total amount of sick pay and funeral money was £1,057 1s. 0d.
Notes and References
- Other newspaper reports give the year of formation as 1844.
- "Local Intelligence" in Huddersfield Chronicle (30/Dec/1854).
- "Local and District News" in Huddersfield Chronicle (29/Dec/1855).
- "Lodge Presentation" in Huddersfield Chronicle (26/Jan/1856).
- "Local and District News" in Huddersfield Chronicle (03/Jan/1857).
- "Local and District News" in Huddersfield Chronicle (02/Jan/1858).