Longwood and Milnsbridge Station, Longwood

GEOGRAPHIC STUB
This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...

Details

  • appears on maps: 1890 [#522]
  • location: accessed from Bankhouse Road, Longwood
  • status: no longer exists
  • category: railway station

Original known as Longwood Station. Closed in 1968.

Incidents

  • 9 August 1854 — Two goods trains collided, causing one of the engines to roll down an embankment.[1]

Layout

The station layout from the 1906 O.S. map is shown below:

Longwood and Milnsbridge Station (c1906).png

Further Reading

Location

Notes and References