Longwood Viaduct, Milnsbridge

GEOGRAPHIC STUB
This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...

Details

  • appears on maps: 1890 [#523]
  • location on map: Milnsbridge
  • status: still exists
  • category: railway feature
  • notes: bridge carrying railway over Crow Lane and Market Street

Discovering Old Huddersfield

Extract from Discovering Old Huddersfield (1993-2002) by Gordon & Enid Minter:

Shortly after rejoining Market Street our route passes under the eastern end of Longwood Viaduct. In 1879, the London and North Western Railway Company received new powers to double their lines in the Huddersfield area and work on the immense task started in 1880. Evidence of the widening of the Longwood Viaduct, which was completed in 1884, may easily be seen in the walls and arched roof where there is a noticeable difference in construction styles.

Location

Longwood Viaduct, Milnsbridge

Categories

Stub entry
This page was last modified on 28 June 2017 and has been edited by Dave Pattern.

Search Huddersfield Exposed