Longwood Mechanics' Institute
The Longwood Mechanics' Institute was formed in 1844 and initially met in the Baptist school rooms.
A dedicated building on Longwood Gate was erected in 1857-58 and opened on 6 October 1958.
The institute's minutes from 1852 to 1902 are held by West Yorkshire Archive Service (reference: KC00580).
Notes and References
- "Yorkshire Union of Mechanics' Institutions" in Leeds Times (18/Jun/1859).