Lockwood House, Lockwood
GEOGRAPHIC STUBThis page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- appears on maps: 1890 [#503]
- location: Lockwood Road, Lockwood
- status: no longer exists
- category: private house
In 1841, the resident was cloth merchant Henry Stables who had been the local Overseer of the Poor during the mid-1830s.
The property was partitioned into four households by the mid-1910s and was eventually demolished in the 1960s or early 1970s.
Notes and References
- ↑ The History and Topography of South Crosland, Armitage Bridge and Netherton (1938) by Philip Ahier, page 90.
- ↑ 220, 222, 224 and 226 Lockwood Road.