Lister Bray (c.1891-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BRAY, LISTER. Lance Corporal. No 203005. 1/4th Battalion King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry. Son of Mr T. J. Bray of Hall Ing, Honley. Employed by Messrs Thorntons, Crossley Mills. Attended with Woodroyd United Methodist Church. Married, with one child. Enlisted September, 1914, and was wounded in 1916. Killed in action, 9.10.1917, at the Battle of Passchendaele, aged 26 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Lance Corporal LISTER BRAY
- regiment: King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry
- died: Tuesday, October 9, 1917
- record ID: 842803
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #842803)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #477995)