Lindley Mechanics' Institute

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!
There's not much to see here at the moment but we hope to add more details about this topic at a later date :-)

Lindley Mechanics' Institute was established circa 1838.[1]

During December 1847, Dr. Firth of Hull delivered a course of three lectures on astronomy.[2]

The institute erected a mechanics' hall on Lidget Street in 1849.

Members of the institute formed the Naturalists' Society in 1895, with Seth Lister Mosley as the president.

Further Reading

Notes and References

  1. The 35th annual report for the institute was delivered in 1873.
  2. "Lindley Mechanics' Institute" in Leeds Times (01/Jan/1848).