This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...
The hamlet of Lindley was one of the two hamlets within the Township of Lindley-cum-Quarmby, the other being Quarmby. The hamlet was part of the Manor of Wakefield.
Situated within the hamlet was the town of Lindley and St. Stephen's Church.
The boundaries of the two hamlets (as marked on the 1854 O.S. map) are shown below, together with the adjoining hamlets and townships:
The boundary of the hamlet of Lindley (compiled from the 1854 Ordnance Survey map) is shown below in red, with the remainder of the township of Linley (which was the hamlet of Quarmby) shaded in green.