Liberal Club, Market Street, Paddock Foot
GEOGRAPHIC STUBThis page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location marked on an old map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- location: Market Street, Paddock Foot
- status: still exists
- category: club
- architect: Ben Stocks
The corner stone of the building was laid on Saturday 25 April 1874 by Councillor Benjamin Hanson. The old club could only accommodate 60 members whereas the new club, designed for free by Ben Stocks, could accommodate over 250. The reported cost was £800.
The building is now The Rising Sun club.
- ↑ Huddersfield Chronicle (27/Apr/1874).