Lewis Pearson (c.1887-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- PEARSON, LEWIS. Rifleman. No R/19775. 7th Battalion King's Royal Rifle Corps. Born Huddersfield. Son of Wilson and Ann Pearson, 25 Moorbottom Row, Honley. Employed by Messrs France Littlewoods. Was a member of Honley Cricket Club committee, Mr W. Brook's bible class and Honley Working Men's Club. Enlisted February 1916. Was wounded in January, 1917, and returned to France in April, 1917. Reported missing, presumed killed at Passchendaele, 12.10.1917, aged 30 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Honley War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Rifleman LEWIS PEARSON
- regiment: King's Royal Rifle Corps
- died: Friday, October 12, 1917
- age: 30 years
- record ID: 1636486
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1636486)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3454110)