Lewis Hampshire (1896-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HAMPSHIRE, LEWIS. Private. No 241893. 2/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Huddersfield. Son of Mr and Mrs Hampshire, 4 Benson Square, Northumberland Street, Huddersfield. Attended St. Mark's Church. Employed by British Dyes as a laboratory assistant. Reported missing, presumed killed, at the Battle of Bullecourt, 3.5.1917. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Huddersfield Drill Hall.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private LEWIS HAMPSHIRE
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, May 3, 1917
- record ID: 785087
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #785087)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1773486)