Lewis Goldthorpe (1898-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- GOLDTHORPE, LEWIS. Private. No 38129. 17th Battalion (2nd Leeds Pals) West Yorkshire Regiment. Born Kirkburton. Son of Mr Albert Goldthorpe of North Road, Kirkburton. Reported missing, 17.4.1917, and afterwards presumed to have been killed on that date. He has no known grave. Commemorated THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- All Hallows Parish Church, Kirkburton.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private LEWIS GOLDTHORPE
- regiment: West Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Tuesday, April 17, 1917
- record ID: 748966
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #748966)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1372973)