Lewis Bray (c.1897-1919)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BRAY, LEWIS. Private. No 103321. 33rd Battalion Machine Gun Corps. Born 12 Bond Street, Brighouse. Son of George William and Elizabeth Bray, 'The Boot and Shoe Inn', Scholes, Thongsbridge. Educated at Berry Brow Council School. Attended Berry Brow Wesleyan Church. Employed as a cloth finisher. At the time of enlistment was living at 12 Caldercliffe Road, Berry Brow. Single. Enlisted 30.1.1917. Served in France and Italy. Taken seriously ill at Haifa and died at Kantara, Egypt, 10.12.1919, aged 22 years. Buried in KANTARA WAR CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot B, Grave 100.
- Brother of Private FRED BRAY, killed in action, 24.5.1918.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private LEWIS BRAY
- regiment: Machine Gun Corps
- died: Wednesday, December 10, 1919
- age: 22 years
- record ID: 474337
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #474337)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #477994)