Lepton Local Board
Lepton Local Board was the local authority body responsible for issues relating to public health in the township of Lepton and was formed in 1862, likely following a meeting held on 5 September 1862.
Typically elected by local rate payers and property owners, Local Boards were formed following the Public Health Act 1848 and the subsequent Local Government Act 1858, and had responsibility for the oversight of sewers, water supplies, public toilets, street cleaning, slaughterhouses, pavements, and burial grounds within their district.
Lepton Local Board was superseded by Lepton Urban District Council in 1895.
Lepton Local Board District
The district (shaded green) covered the entirety of the township.