Leonard Hirst (c.1892-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HIRST, LEONARD. Private. No 39590. 9th Battalion King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry. Born Lindley, Huddersfield. Son of Alfred Hirst, Vicarage Road, Longwood. Husband of Emma Hirst, 336 Scar Lane, Golcar. Employed by Messrs Smiths, Plover Mills, Lindley. Was a member of the Longwood Church choir. Played cricket for Golcar Cricket Club. Reported missing, presumed killed, 4.10.1917, aged 25 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Mark's Parish Church, Longwood.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private LEONARD HIRST
- regiment: King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry
- died: Thursday, October 4, 1917
- age: 25 years
- record ID: 836716
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #836716)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1896498)