Leonard Barrett (c.1892-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BARRETT, LEONARD. Private. No 241939. 1/7th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Meltham. Son of William and Emily Barrett of Owler Bars, Meltham. Employed by Albion Mills, Meltham. Killed in action, 29.4.1918, aged 25 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Bartholomew's Church, Meltham; Huddersfield Drill Hall.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private LEONARD BARRETT
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Monday, April 29, 1918
- age: 25 years
- record ID: 844150
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #844150)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #216211)