Leonard Bailey (c.1886-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BAILEY, LEONARD. Private. No 307683. 1/8th Battalion West Yorkshire Regiment. Born Fewston near Harrogate. Educated at Thorpe Board School, Idle, Bradford. Lived 'Ivy House Inn', Crosland Moor. Worked as a moulder. Was wounded at Ypres, 5.12.1917. Died of wounds at No 24 General Hospital, Etaples, 27.1.1918. Buried in ETAPLES MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 31, Row F, Grave 12A.
- ROH:- St. Barnabas Church, Crosland Moor.
- Brother of Private HERBERT BAILEY killed in action, 22.12.1917.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #498700)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #129654)
- St. Barnabas Church Roll of Honour — see PDF #2