Lane Side Cemetery, Kirkheaton
- location: off Lane Side Lane, Kirkheaton
- status: still exists
- category: burial ground
In July 1885, it was reported that the churchyard of St. John the Baptist would be full by early 1888 and the Kirkheaton Local Board began looking for suitable land for a new cemetery. However, a dispute over burial fees delayed the process and it was not until February 1890 that the conformist section of Land Side Cemetery was consecrated by the Bishop of Wakefield.
The first burial appears to have been that of Frank Kilner (aged 8) on 10 February 1890.
- http://www.kirkheaton.info — memorial inscriptions (free registration required)
- Huddersfield & District Family History Society — burials 1654-1899
- Ancestry.co.uk — deaths & burials 1813-1964
- Find a Grave