King's Arms, Market Place, Huddersfield

GEOGRAPHIC STUB (LOCATION UNKNOWN)
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location, although the exact geographic location is uncertain. More detailed information may eventually be added. If you know exactly where this was located, please leave a comment!

Details

  • location: Market Place, Huddersfield
  • status: no longer exists
  • category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.

In 1803, the licencee was named as John Beaumont. Fellow landlords William North (Boy & Barrel) and William Booth (Horse & Groom) provided sureties for Parkin.

In Old Huddersfield 1500-1800 (1981) by George Redmonds, the author provides a diagram which shows the King's Arms was situated on the eastern side of the Market Place, between the Brown Cow and the Horse & Jockey.

Location

The approximate location, based on George Redmonds' diagram, is show below:

King's Arms, Market Place, Huddersfield

Categories

Buildings | Demolished buildings | Location unknown | Public houses, beerhouses, inns, etc. | Stub entry
This page was last modified on 18 December 2016 and has been edited by Dave Pattern.

Search Huddersfield Exposed