Joseph William Hoyle (1893-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HOYLE, JOSEPH WILLIAM. Private. No 33543. 6th Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment. Born 4 Ivy Street, Crosland Moor, 5.4.1893. Son of George and Martha Hoyle, 2 Ivy Street, Crosland Moor. Educated Crosland Moor Council School. Employed as a healder and twister-in. Single. Enlisted 17.6.1916. Wounded at Poelcapelle, Belgium, 9.10.1917. Died of wounds at No 3 General Hospital, Le Treport, 16.10.1917, aged 24 years. Buried MONT HUON MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 5, Row A, Grave 6a.
- ROH:- St. Barnabas Church, Crosland Moor: United Methodist Church, Crosland Moor; memorial in Lockwood Cemetery.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JOSEPH WILLIAM HOYLE
- regiment: West Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Tuesday, October 16, 1917
- age: 24 years
- record ID: 469343