Joseph Dyson (1893-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- DYSON, JOSEPH. Private. No 32261. 1st Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers. Born Paddock 5.7.1893. Son of Tom and Naomi Dyson, 144 Albion Terrace, Manchester Road, Longroyd Bridge. Educated Paddock Church of England School. Employed as a woollen fettler by Mr B. Armistead, spinner, Longroyd Bridge. Single. Enlisted 20.6.1916. Killed in action near Poperinghe, 27.9.1917, aged 24 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- All Saints Church, Paddock.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JOSEPH DYSON
- regiment: Northumberland Fusiliers
- died: Thursday, September 27, 1917
- age: 24 years
- record ID: 1630711
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1630711)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2356921)