Joseph Bramwell (c.1898-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BRAMWELL, JOSEPH. Private. No 40933. 10th Battalion (Hull Commercials) East Yorkshire Regiment. Son of Francis and Hannah Bramwell, Choppards Farm, Holmfirth. Educated firstly at Hepworth Church National School, (where he also attended the Sunday School) and then at Hade Edge Council School. Attended Choppards Sunday School. Employed by Mr Fred Lawton at Bridge Mills, Holmfirth and assisted his father on the family farm. Enlisted May 1917. Was wounded in the hand in March, 1918, and returned to England for treatment. Went back to France in September, 1918. Died of wounds in the 3rd Canadian Hospital at St. Omer, 6.11.1918, aged 20. Buried LONGUENESSE SOUVENIR (St. OMER) CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 5, Row E, Grave 45.
- ROH:- Cartworth War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JOSEPH BRAMWELL
- regiment: East Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Wednesday, November 6, 1918
- age: 20 years
- record ID: 19553
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #19553)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #471304)