John Wimpenny (c.1896-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WIMPENNY, JOHN. Private. No 305189. 1/7th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Golcar. Son of Mrs B Wimpenny, Chain, Marsden. Employed as a teamer by Mr Albert Schofield. Was a member of the Colne Valley Territorials before the outbreak of the war. Enlisted August 1914. Embarked for France in April, 1915. Reported missing, presumed killed, on 23.11.1916, aged 20 years. Buried SHRINE CEMETERY, BUCQUOY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row B, Grave 25.
- Brother of Private JOE WIMPENNY killed in action, 21.11.1917.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JOHN WIMPENNY
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, November 23, 1916
- age: 20 years
- record ID: 305804
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #305804)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4825135)