John Willie Blackburn (c.1880-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BLACKBURN, JOHN WILLIE. Private. No 65100. 1st Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers. Formerly No 32043 Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Brighouse. Lived Commercial Road, Skelmanthorpe. Married, with three children. Employed by Messrs Stringer and Son, Emley Moor Collieries. Killed in action, 23.8.1918, aged 38 years. Buried in RAILWAY CUTTING CEMETERY, COURCELLES-LE-COMTE. Grave location:- Row A, Grave 34.
- ROH:- St. Aidan's Church, Skelmanthorpe.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private BLACKBURN
- regiment: Northumberland Fusiliers
- died: Friday, August 23, 1918
- record ID: 569560
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #569560)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #367666)