John Willie Berry (c.1897-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BERRY, JOHN WILLIE. Private. No 333411. 9th (Glasgow Highland) Battalion Highland Light Infantry. Born Honley. Son of John and Clara Berry, Owen Terrace, Bradshaw Road, Honley. Employed at Rock Mills, Brockholes. Attended Woodroyd United Methodist Church. Embarked for France June, 1917. Killed in action, 25.9.1917, aged 20. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Honley War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JOHN W. BERRY
- regiment: Highland Light Infantry
- died: Tuesday, September 25, 1917
- age: 20 years
- record ID: 844833
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #844833)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #318851)