John William Wright Barker (1887-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BARKER, JOHN WILLIAM WRIGHT. Private. No 28452. Royal Army Medical Corps. Born Hall Bower, Huddersfield, 1.7.1887. Husband of Mary Alice Barker, 50 Cowcliffe Hill, Birkby. Was employed as a labourer at Hopkinsons. Enlisted 16.11.1914. Died in Royds Hall War Hospital of Pernicious Anaemia, Influenza and Bronchial Pneumonia, 24.10.1918, aged 31 years. Buried in ALMONDBURY CEMETERY. Grave location:- M, 'C', 181.
- ROH:- St. Hilda's Church, Cowcliffe; Fartown and Birkby War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JOHN WILLIAM BARKER
- regiment: Royal Army Medical Corps
- died: Thursday, October 24, 1918
- age: 31 years
- record ID: 2752047
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #2752047)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #183752)