John William Thompson (c.1890-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- THOMPSON, JOHN WILLIAM. Gunner. No 174440. 'B' Battery, 68th Brigade, Royal Field Artillery. Born Halifax. Son of Fred Thompson, 50 Rock Street, Linthwaite. Lived 21 Height, Linthwaite. Employed by Mr Arthur Dawson, cotton spinner, of Huddersfield. Attended Linthwaite Parish Church. Enlisted at the outbreak of the war. Died of illness in Egypt on 24.4.1916, aged 27 years. Buried HADRA WAR MEMORIAL CEMETERY, ALEXANDRIA. Grave location:- Row F, Grave 131.
- ROH:- Linthwaite War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Gunner JOHN WILLIAM THOMPSON
- regiment: Royal Field Artillery
- died: Tuesday, April 23, 1918
- age: 27 years
- record ID: 477259
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #477259)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4419193)