John William Moore (c.1875-1915)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- MOORE, JOHN WILLIAM. 2nd Yeoman of Signals. No 169094. (RFR/DEV/B/1836). Royal Navy. HMS Goliath. Lived 100 Ashbrow Road, Fartown, Huddersfield. Killed in an action with a Turkish destroyer in the Dardenelles on 13.5.1915, aged 39 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated PLYMOUTH NAVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Christ Church, Woodhouse Hill; Fartown and Birkby War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Second Yeoman Of Signals JOHN WILLIAM MOORE
- regiment: Royal Navy
- died: Thursday, May 13, 1915
- age: 39 years
- record ID: 3042637
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #3042637)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #7681183)