John William Gibson (c.1889-1916)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- GIBSON, JOHN WILLIAM. Corporal. No 1791. 1/7th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Primrose Hill, Huddersfield. Lived 12 Clough Lane, Paddock. Employed as a teamer by the London and North Western Railway Company. Killed in action, 3.7.1916, aged 27 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- All Saints Church, Paddock; Huddersfield Drill Hall; London and North Western Railway Company Roll.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Corporal JOHN WILLIAM GIBSON
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Monday, July 3, 1916
- record ID: 748268