John William Chapman (c.1892?-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- CHAPMAN, JOHN WILLIAM. Private. No 152793. 6th Dragoons (Inniskilling). Formerly No 6190 Scottish Horse. Son of Mr and Mrs T. J. Chapman, Woodhouse, Holmbridge. Employed as a teamer by Messrs Henry Mitchell and Sons, provision merchants, of Holmfirth. Enlisted November 1915. Died of wounds, 9.8.1918. Has no known grave. Commemorated on VIS-en-ARTOIS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JOHN WILLIAM CHAPMAN
- regiment: 6th Inniskilling Dragoons
- died: Friday, August 9, 1918
- record ID: 1740925
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1740925)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #776287)