John Thomas Wade (c.1883-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WADE, JOHN THOMAS. Private. No 40992. 10th Battalion Lincolnshire Regiment. Formerly No 31832 North Staffordshire Regiment. Born Golcar. Son of William Henry and Charlotte Wade, 29 James Street, Golcar. Was in business as a greengrocer. Enlisted November 1916. Embarked for France in March, 1917. Died of wounds at No 30 Casualty Clearing Station on 29.4.1917, aged 33 years. Buried AUBIGNY COMMUNAL CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row G, Grave 82.
- ROH:- St. John's Church, Golcar.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WADE
- regiment: Lincolnshire Regiment
- died: Sunday, April 29, 1917
- age: 33 years
- record ID: 996782
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #996782)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4567135)