John Thomas Rothwell (c.1887-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- ROTHWELL, JOHN THOMAS. Private. No 241780. 2/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Halifax. Lived Lindley. Son of the late William Henry and Ellen Rothwell. Reported missing, presumed killed, at the Battle of Bullecourt, 3.5.1917, aged 29 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Huddersfield Drill Hall; Blackley Baptist Chapel, Elland.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JOHN THOMAS ROTHWELL
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, May 3, 1917
- age: 29 years
- record ID: 1637756
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1637756)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3833123)