John Thomas Bower (1892-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BOWER, JOHN THOMAS. Private. No 3024. 1/7th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Damside Road, Huddersfield, 7.7.1892. Son of Mr and Mrs John Bower, 2 Graham's Yard, Milford Street, Huddersfield. Educated at St. Paul's School. Employed as a cleaner by the Huddersfield Corporation Tramways Committee. Husband of Ida Bower, The Fold, Netherton. Enlisted 2.6.1915. Wounded in the spine in September, 1916, which left him paralysed in both legs. He was brought to Royds Hall War Hospital, Huddersfield in January, 1917, and died there on 27.4.1918, aged 26 years. Buried with full military honours in EDGERTON CEMETERY, HUDDERSFIELD. Grave location:- 11B, 116.
- ROH:- South Crosland and Netherton War Memorial; Huddersfield Drill Hall; Huddersfield Corporation Roll.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Lance Corporal JOHN THOMAS BOWER
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Saturday, April 27, 1918
- age: 26 years
- record ID: 2752072