John Roland Dyson (1893-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- DYSON, JOHN ROLAND. Private. No 267722. 1/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Pogwell Farm, Dalton Green, Huddersfield, 20.1.1893. Son of Tom Edward and Sarah Dyson. Educated Kirkheaton National School. Worked as a farm labourer on his father's farm. Enlisted August 1916. Invalided home on one occasion with trench feet. Wounded at Langemarck, 9.8.1917. Had his wounds dressed at the dressing station but died before arriving at the Casualty Clearing Station. Died of wounds, 11.8.1917. Buried NEW IRISH FARM CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 13, Row F, Grave 7.
- ROH:- St. John's Church, Kirkheaton; Huddersfield Drill Hall; commemorated on headstone in Kirkheaton Cemetery.
- Brother of Private FRANK CROSSLEY DYSON killed in action, 12.9.1918.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private DYSON
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, August 9, 1917
- record ID: 452262