John Marshall (c.1895-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- MARSHALL, JOHN. Private. No 26942. 1st Battalion Oxford and Bucks. Light Infantry. Born Meltham. Son of Herbert and Alice Maria Marshall, Windy Bank, Meltham. Died of dysentery in Mesopotamia, 30.11.1918, aged 23 years. Buried BAGHDAD (NORTH GATE) WAR CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 5, Row A, Grave 2.
- ROH:- St. Bartholomew's Church, Meltham.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JOHN MARSHALL
- regiment: Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry
- died: Saturday, November 30, 1918
- age: 23 years
- record ID: 634402
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #634402)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2933223)