John Leonard Tebb (1890-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- TEBB, JOHN LEONARD. Rifleman. No C/7403. 18th Battalion King's Royal Rifle Corps. Born 22 Wood Terrace, Primrose Hill, Huddersfield 13.11.1890. Son of John and Margaret Kilvington Tebb, 16 Manor Street, Huddersfield. Educated St. Paul's Church of England School, Huddersfield. Employed as a cashier and book-keeper by Messrs John Kaye and Son, Kings Mill, Huddersfield. Single. Enlisted 1.11.1915. Embarked for France on 1.5.1916. Reported wounded and missing during the Battle of Flers on 15.9.1916. Has no known grave. Commemorated THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Paul's Church, Southgate, Huddersfield; Almondbury War Memorial; memorial in Almondbury Cemetery.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Rifleman JOHN LEONARD TEBB
- regiment: King's Royal Rifle Corps
- died: Friday, September 15, 1916
- record ID: 815360
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #815360)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4384255)