John Jackson (1898-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- JACKSON, JOHN. Private. No 58961. 1/5th Battalion West Yorkshire Regiment. Born East Parade, Huddersfield 15.11.1898. Son of Inspector and Mrs Sarah Ann Jackson, 30 Hawthorne Terrace, Crosland Moor. Educated St. Paul's School, Huddersfield. Employed as a cloth finisher. Single. Enlisted 24.4.1917. Died of gunshot wounds to the thigh, 10.6.1918, aged 20 years. Buried RETHEL FRENCH NATIONAL CEMETERY. Grave location:- No 1713.
- ROH:- St. Barnabas Church, Crosland Moor.
- Brother of Private GEORGE WILLIAM JACKSON killed in action, 27.11.1917.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #2912650)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2072508)
- St. Barnabas Church Roll of Honour — see PDF #4