John Irvine Harrison (c.1888-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HARRISON, JOHN IRVINE. Private. No 307772. 1/7th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Outlane. 5.4.1890. Son of John and Martha Harrison, 1 Back Green, Outlane. Educated Outlane Council School. Employed as a pattern weaver by Messrs Edward Sykes and Sons, Gosport Mills, Outlane. Attended Pole Moor Baptist Chapel. Single. Enlisted 20.3.1916. Wounded in the chest at Kemmel Hill, 5.5.1918. Died in No 13 General Hospital, Boulogne, 11.5.1918, aged 29 years. Buried BOULOGNE EASTERN CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 9, Row B, Grave 69.
- ROH:- Outlane Trinity Methodist Church; Pole Moor Baptist Church; Bethel United Methodist Church, Outlane; Huddersfield Drill Hall.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JOHN IRVIN HARRISON
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Saturday, May 11, 1918
- age: 29 years
- record ID: 47115