John Heywood (1887-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HEYWOOD, JOHN. Private. No 19658 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Top of Bank, Thurstonland, 6.6.1887. Son of Eliza Heywood, 388 Blackmoorfoot Road, Crosland Moor. Employed as a stone dresser by Messrs Joe Shaw and Sons, Crosland Hill. Single. Enlisted December 1915. Reported missing at the Battle of Arras, 3.5.1917 and afterwards presumed to have been killed on that date. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- Brother of Private JOSEPH HEYWOOD killed in action, 27.3.1918.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JOHN HEYWOOD
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, May 3, 1917
- age: 30 years
- record ID: 786395
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #786395)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1854343)
- St. Barnabas Church Roll of Honour — see PDF #4