John Henry Doosey (1896-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- DOOSEY, JOHN HENRY. Private. No 241358. 1/7th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Kirkgate, Huddersfield, 11.11.1896. Educated St. Patrick's Roman Catholic School. Employed as a cloth presser by Messrs T.A. Nicholl and Sons, dyers, of Folly Hall. Husband of Edith Doosey, 5 Knight Street, Northgate, Huddersfield. Enlisted 11.10.1914. Killed in action near Cambrai, 11.10.1918, aged 33 years. Buried WELLINGTON CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row C, Grave 7.
- ROH:- Huddersfield Drill Hall.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private DOOSEY
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Friday, October 11, 1918
- record ID: 308076
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #308076)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1674009)