John Fuller (c.1890-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- FULLER, JOHN. Sapper. No 131603. 236th A.T. Company, Royal Engineers. Born 3 Leeches Yard, Chapel Hill, Huddersfield. Son of the late John Fuller and Jane Fuller. Educated St. Paul's Church of England School, Southgate, Huddersfield. Employed as a plumber by Messrs J. H. Taylor and Company, Macauley Street, Huddersfield. Attended St. Paul's Church. Husband of Laura Fuller, Woodbine Cottage, Fitzwilliam Street, Huddersfield. Enlisted 4.12.1915. Died of wounds, 30.11.1917, aged 27. Buried YPRES RESERVOIR CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 3, Row B, Grave 22.
- ROH:- St. Paul's Church, Southgate, Huddersfield; St. Andrew's Church, Leeds Road.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Sapper JOHN FULLER
- regiment: Royal Engineers
- died: Friday, November 30, 1917
- age: 27 years
- record ID: 98902
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #98902)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1273604)