John Edward Wilson (?-1916)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WILSON, JOHN EDWARD. Private. No 29486. 14th Battalion Highland Light Infantry. Formerly No 23464 The Yorkshire Regiment. Born London. Lived Kirkheaton, Huddersfield. Killed in action, 13.8.1916. Buried VERMELLES BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 3, Row N, Grave 18.
- ROH:- St. John's Church, Kirkheaton.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WILSON
- regiment: Highland Light Infantry
- died: Sunday, August 13, 1916
- record ID: 252794
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #252794)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4814769)