John Edward Bedford (1897-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BEDFORD, JOHN EDWARD. Private. No 5285. 2/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Jubilee Lane, Linthwaite, 28.1.1897. Son of Robert Bedford. Educated at Crosland Moor Council School. Employed as a greengrocer. At the time of enlistment was living at 8 Stoney Battery, Crosland Moor. Enlisted 25.2.1916. Killed in action, 28.2.1917. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- 'Rising Sun' Public House, Crosland Hill; St. Thomas's Church, Longroyd Bridge; Huddersfield Drill Hall.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JOHN BEDFORD
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Wednesday, February 28, 1917
- record ID: 770706
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #770706)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #272788)