This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific company or business. More detailed information may eventually be added. If you have any information relating to this company, please leave a comment or send an email
John Cooke & Son Ltd. were concrete and asphalt company of Little Royd Mill.
The company was established by John Frederick Cooke of Lockwood and his son Louis Cooke.
A letter dated 30 December 1916 gave their telephone number as Huddersfield 395 and named the company's services and products as including:
- steam boiler and pipe coverer, concreter, asphalter, etc
- patent wood composition for tennis courts
- patent lubricating boiler compound for removing and preventing scale and corrosion in steam boilers
- manufacturer of non-conducting composition for coating steam boilers, cylinders, pipes, or any steam-heated surfaces
- cement concrete floors for mills, warehouses, stables, engine beds, fireproof arches, concrete sinks, etc
- asphalting of all descriptions for carriage drives, school yards, roofs, etc
The company was still operating at Little Royd Mill when the 1937 Directory was compiled, along with Furniss & Co. (roofing contractors and glaziers), Roxana Ltd. (concrete specialists) and John Binns & Co. (rope manufacturer).
Notes and References
- ↑ The 1911 Census gives the family residing at 29 Springdale Avenue, Lockwood.
- ↑ Taken from a delivery note to Fisher, Firth & Co. of Marsden.