John Bushby (c.1882-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BUSHBY, JOHN. Private. No 23/337. 19th Battalion Durham Light Infantry. Born Marsden. Son of Alfred and Martha Bushby, 6 Green Bower, Marsden. Employed by Messrs Crowther, Bruce and Company Limited, Marsden, Reported missing, presumed killed, 28.7.1918, aged 36. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Marsden War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JOHN BUSHBY
- regiment: Durham Light Infantry
- died: Sunday, July 28, 1918
- age: 36 years
- record ID: 843884
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #843884)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #674947)