John Bowker (c.1887-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BOWKER, JOHN. Corporal. No TR5/22512. 21st Battalion West Yorkshire Regiment. Born Settle. He was a Police Constable and had served at Elland, Lane End, Holmfirth and Denby Dale. Had served with the East Lancashire Regiment in the Boer War. Had been gassed in the recent fighting in France and this was followed by muscular rheumatism. Married, with two children. Died at Rugeley Camp, Staffordshire, from the effects of gas poisoning, 10.7.1917, aged 30 years. Buried in ELLAND CEMETERY. Grave location:- 'U', A, 1480.
- ROH:- Scissett War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Corporal J BOWKER (22512)
- regiment: Training Reserve
- died: Tuesday, July 10, 1917
- record ID: 2751783
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #2751783)