John Arthur Beaumont (1895-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BEAUMONT, JOHN ARTHUR. Private. No 5966. 19th (County of London) Battalion (St. Pancras). Formerly No C/7244 King's Royal Rifle Corps. Born Birchencliffe, 22.4.1895. Son of Joshua and Mary A. Beaumont(stepmother), Bridgefield House, 145 Leeds Road, Huddersfield. Educated at Huddersfield Parish Church School and Lindley National School. Employed as a cloth finisher at Messrs John Lee Walker of Deighton. Enlisted 14.10.1915. Killed in action, 15.9.1916, on the Somme, aged 21 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Andrew's Church, Leeds Road, Huddersfield.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JOHN ARTHUR BEAUMONT
- regiment: London Regiment
- died: Friday, September 15, 1916
- age: 21 years
- record ID: 770602
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #770602)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #265885)